General Laboratory Technician, Full-time (weekends required)
November 2, 2018
We are seeking an outstanding individual who will be responsible and accountable for working in the lab as assigned by their supervisor, with a concentration in Bacteriology department. This position will report to the Laboratory Department Supervisor.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience, skills, and attributes:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- College Degree in the Biological Sciences or previous experience is preferred, but not required
- Must be a Self-Motivator with ability to perform tasks with accuracy and efficiency
- Good communication, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills
- Team oriented
- Valid driver’s license
- Be proficient with computer, including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Leadership experience a plus
The following duties will vary according to the needs of the department. Normal duties will include:
- Set up cultures.
- Identify bacteria and report results.
- Prepare Equipment and Supplies
- Wash and disinfect equipment to be used on the farms.
- Wash glassware.
- Autoclave materials and supplies.
- Quality Control
- Evaluate and communicate problems in test procedures to the supervisor.
- Miscellaneous Duties
- Learn new procedures as they become part of the routine tests performed in the lab
- Comply with ISO Standards
- Weekend schedule
- Availability on weekends is a must as Bacteriology Department operates seven days a week.
PAY BASE: Hourly based on experience
If you are interested in applying for the job, you must submit a resume to email@example.com.