GP Pullet Manager
May 31, 2019
The Sallisaw, OK, Grandparent Production department is seeking an outstanding individual who will be able to perform various functions in live production. This position will report to the Oklahoma Complex Manager.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- BS in poultry science or related field
- Four years of poultry experience
- Basic computer application skills working with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a self-motivator with ability to perform tasks with accuracy and efficiency
- Good communication, organizational skills, and inter-personal skills
- Team oriented
The following duties will vary according to the needs of the department. Normal duties will include:
- Responsible for directing and overseeing the pullet department
- Responsible for all programs/ISO documents as related to the pullet department
- Will be highly involved with production planning and placement schedules for the day-to-day operations of the pullet department
- Heavily involved in cost control and yearly budgets
- Communicating with contract growers/producers regarding management concerns, issues and conflicts in a manner beneficial to the production department and Aviagen
- Must be able to be trained in the understanding and functions of ventilation and the controller systems including troubleshooting
- Must keep up to date with animal welfare and safety programs
- Responsible for monthly breeder production reports, as well as weekly meeting minutes
- Work closely with crew managers concerning housing dates, placement dates and depletion dates
- Yearly evaluations and appraisals for all personnel within the pullet department
If you are interested in applying for the position, submit a resume to email@example.com.
Aviagen is an EEOC employer that offers competitive wages and benefits.