October 12, 2018
Aviagen is the world’s leading poultry breeder, providing pedigree lines for the production of broiler chickens. The company is based in Huntsville, Alabama, USA with a number of wholly-owned operations across the United Kingdom, Europe, Turkey, Latin America, India, Australia, New Zealand, and the U.S., and joint ventures in Asia. Aviagen employs more than 3,900 people and has a distribution network serving customers in more than 100 countries.
Due to growth, we are expanding and have a new hatchery under construction in Quitman, GA. We are seeking an outstanding individual to fill the position of Hatchery Manager at this hatchery. This position will be representing Aviagen as site manager for the project during construction. After construction, they will be responsible for overall production and delivery of day old breeders. In this challenging role, you will also be responsible for ensuring the hatchery operates within budget, biosecurity/animal welfare standards are met while optimizing chick output and quality through the efficient management of employees and processes. This position will report to the Director of Hatcheries.
Aviagen is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a full benefit package and competitive pay.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; or 4+ years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Adept team-builder with experience in managing and motivating employees
- Demonstrated effective leadership with ability to delegate tasks to subordinates in fair manner.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proven problem solving and change management ability
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs required
- Experience with budget formulation preferred
- Must possess valid Driver’s License
- Must be willing to relocate
The following duties will vary according to the needs of the department. Normal duties will include:
- Develop and implement policies and practices for operation of hatchery to ensure attainment of goals and profitable operation.
- Direct and coordinate hatchery activities such as hatching of eggs, sorting, vaccinating and shipping of chicks, and maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Plan hatching schedules for variety of chicks considering such factors as customer orders, hatchery facilities and equipment.
- Maintain/create and interpret hatchery records on biological performance, costs, bio-security
- Hiring, training, evaluation and discipline of hatchery staff
- Arrange for purchase of equipment and supplies.
- Produce reports on hatchery activities such as chick production and reports required by regulatory bodies.
Qualified candidates can submit their resume to email@example.com.