April 27, 2018
Corporate Marketing is looking for a Marketing Assistant to support the North America Marketing team and to communicate with members of the global marketing team.
This full-time position is located in the Huntsville office and will report directly to the Marketing Events Coordinator.
The ideal candidate has these skills and qualifications:
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business or relevant field preferred
- 1 - 3 years of Marketing or related job experience
- (Advanced) Experience in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Customer relational database (or CRM system) experience is a plus.
- Ability to occasionally work flexible hours
- Self-motivated with the ability to perform tasks with accuracy and efficiency
- Good communication, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills a must
- Ability to perform tasks independently
- Team oriented
- Attention to detail and excellent record-keeping skills required
- Some local/domestic travel (10%)
- Knowledge or experience in shipping packages and parcels (domestic & international) required
- Valid driver’s license required
The following duties will vary according to the needs of the department. Normal duties will include:
- Manage the promotional item inventory: Conduct research and price comparison for promotional items -- obtain quotes, make recommendations, place orders and manage database of inventory; ensure suitable levels of stock are available at all times; receive and organize inventory; and retain organized records including invoices; submit online purchase request (e-requestor) for promo items.
- Manage the internal online company store – fulfill domestic and international employee orders.
- Manage literature inventory: Maintain inventory and order reprints as needed for all technical and marketing literature and sales collateral. Fulfill literature requests from employees and customers. Work closely with the marketing literature coordinator to maintain literature inventory. Coordinate customer direct mailing/distribution of literature as directed.
- Perform shipping and receiving activities including shipping of both domestic and international packages/parcels. Process, package, prepare and track outgoing shipments of packages and parcels. Inspect, unpack, and stock items received. Being attentive to detail is imperative and excellent record keeping is a must. Must be able to lift 30 pounds unassisted.
- Assist the Marketing Events Coordinator with the Aviagen Production Management School, a month-long school for international students during June every year. School duties will include pre-event preparation and on-site assistance during the school and evening activities as necessary. Other activities include but are not limited to: order supplies, run errands, make badges and graduation certificates, assemble welcome bags.
- Assist in organizing and hosting customer visits as directed
- Provide support for tradeshows (two major events per year – Atlanta and London, Ontario). Pre-event shipping of material, onsite information desk/booth support, etc.
- Assist the Marketing Communications Coordinator with direct mail and e-mail campaigns using ExactTarget software:
- Develop lists, manage projects, track and report activity.
- Coordinate with sales managers to be sure contacts are current in customer relational database (i.e. MaCRO).
- Provide general administrative assistance to the marketing team include: copying, filing, ordering office supplies, running errands, collating presentations, re-classing department expenses, mailing, etc.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary
If you are interested in this position, submit your resume to email@example.com.