PCR Lab Technican
March 29, 2019
We are seeking an outstanding individual who will be responsible and accountable for working in the PCR lab as assigned by their supervisor. This position will report to the Laboratory Manager.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience, skills, and attributes:
- College Degree in the Biological Sciences or previous experience in related field
- Must be a self-motivator with ability to perform tasks with accuracy and efficiency
- Good communication, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills
- Team oriented
- Valid driver’s license
- Be proficient with computer, including Microsoft Excel and Word
The following duties will vary according to the needs of the department. Normal duties will include:
- DNA extractions
- Electrophoresis gels
- Run Real Time PCR for Salmonella identification
- Perform cell cultures for virus isolation
- ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay)
- Prepare Equipment and Supplies
- Wash and disinfect equipment
- Autoclave materials and supplies
- Maintain and order supplies as needed
- Quality Control
- Evaluate and communicate problems in test procedures to the supervisor.
- Miscellaneous Duties
- Learn new procedures as they become part of the routine tests performed in the lab.
- Comply with ISO Standards
- Weekend Rotation
- Scheduled by the supervisor as needed
Qualified and interested parties should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aviagen is an EEOC employer that offers competitive compensation and benefits.