PCR Lab Technician
June 29, 2018
We are seeking an outstanding individual who will be responsible and accountable for working in the PCR lab as assigned by their supervisor. This position will report to the Laboratory Manager.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience, skills, and attributes:
- College Degree in the Biological Sciences or previous experience in related field
- Must be a Self-Motivator with ability to perform tasks with accuracy and efficiency
- Good communication, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills
- Team oriented
- Valid driver’s license
- Be proficient with computer, including Microsoft Excel and Word
The following duties will vary according to the needs of the department. Normal duties will include:
- DNA extractions
- Electrophoresis gels
- Run Real Time PCR for Salmonella identification
Prepare Equipment and Supplies
- Wash and disinfect equipment.
- Autoclave materials and supplies.
- Maintain and order supplies as needed
- Evaluate and communicate problems in test procedures to the supervisor.
- Learn new procedures as they become part of the routine tests performed in the lab.
- Comply with ISO Standards
- Scheduled by the supervisor.
If you are interested in applying for the job, submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: June 29, 2018