Serology Laboratory Technician
September 21, 2018
We are seeking an outstanding individual who will be responsible and accountable for working in the serology department of the lab. This position will report to the Laboratory Manager.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience, skills, and attributes:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- College Degree in the Biological Sciences or previous experience is preferred, but not required
- Must be a Self-Motivator with ability to perform tasks with accuracy and efficiency
- Good communication, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills
- Team oriented
- Be proficient with computer, including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to perform tasks with little or no supervision; dependability
- Basic comprehension skills
- Ability to take instruction and follow rules
The following duties will vary according to the needs of the department. Normal duties will include:
- Plate agglutination test (MG and MS)
- AI Agar gel test
- ELISA testing
- Virus Isolation
- Prepare Samples for testing
- Prepare Equipment and Supplies
- Wash and disinfect equipment to be used on the farms.
- Wash glassware.
- Autoclave materials and supplies.
- Quality Control
- Evaluate and communicate problems in test procedures to the supervisor.
- Miscellaneous Duties
- Learn new procedures as they become part of the routine tests performed in the lab.
- Comply with ISO Standards
- Weekend Rotation
- Scheduled by the supervisor.
If you are interested in applying for the job, submit a resume to email@example.com.