Aviagen works with all stakeholders to ensure genetic diversity and quality of our products while promoting the overall health and welfare of the birds in our care. We focus on minimizing our impact on the environment, maintaining continuous improvement of internal processes, and encouraging social responsibility throughout our operations worldwide.
The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) is a non-profit organization that promotes economic, environmental and social sustainability. GRI provides all companies and organizations with a comprehensive sustainability reporting framework that is widely used around the world. Read the latest report.
Aviagen is a member of European Forum of Farm Animal Breeders (EFFAB) and follows the Code of Good Practice Code-EFABAR and Principles of Sustainable Breeding.
- "Decades of Welfare and Sustainability Selection at Aviagen Chickens and Turkeys," by Anne-Marie Neeteson, Jim McAdam, Magnus Swalander, Alfons Koerhuis; Aviagen Group.
- "The role of sustainable commercial pig and poultry breeding for food security," by Anne-Marie Neeteson-van Nieuwenhoven, Pieter Knap and Santiago Avendaño; Animal Frontiers, Jan. 2013.
- “Sex 'n' drugs in the poultry industry” by Graeme Dear, general manager for Aviagen, Ltd.; NFU Poultry Forum Magazine, Dec. 2012 - Jan. 2013
- “Searching for Campylobacter Resistance” by Dr. Fraser J. Gormley, microbiologist for Aviagen, Ltd.; NFU Poultry Forum Magazine
- Richard Obermeyer Presents at 2012 Feed Mill Seminar: Proactive Measures in Ensuring Food Safety